Flickr mainpage in 2010-12-20
Flickr is an image and video hosting website currently owned by Yahoo!. Any data uploaded can be private or public.
- Flickr Edit includes Flickr Backup
- Photo and Metadata Backup for Flickr
- This blog post documents the flickrtouchr Flickr backup tool. It backs up the full sized versions of your images but it doesn't currently backup metadata.
- This blog post documents the flickrbackup tool. Based on flickrtouchr, it also backs up flickr metadata, storing it as EXIF tags within the images.
- flickrmirrorer is a small command-line python script that creates a local backup of your Flickr data. It mirrors images, titles, description, tags, albums and collections. It does not backup comments. It also does not preserve order of photos in photostream (though you can emulate it sorting by upload timestamp) and order of albums in collections.
- flickr-backup backups Flickr photosets, photos, and JSON metadata. Pagination is not handled yet, so if you have any sets with more than 500 photos or comments they won't all be downloaded.
- backup-all-my-flickr-photos downloads all your Flickr photos and videos.
- easyflickrbackup backup all your photos from Flickr.
- If you have your iPhoto connected with your Flickr account, you can back up your pictures on Flickr through iPhoto.
Seems to be stable, can probably change at any time.
May 2013 update: new interface; apparently very overloaded and masses of pro users abandoning the place, deleting their profiles and/or wishing to archive it.
Nov 2014 update: Yahoo's step to sell the CC-licensed pictures upset a lot of users (who obviously did not understand this license) and may now want to delete their accounts (with up to 10k images each).
Dec 2015 update: Yahoo!'s Action Plan in their 2015 shareholder presentation mentions killing Flickr.
- returns only 1999 unique results
- filtering by upload date is limited to 600s accuracy
- total number of results is inaccurate
- Metadata dump
It seems a .flickr top-level domain is registered.