|Archiving status||In progress...|
As of 2017-02 it claimed to have 1458 hosted projects. (Many are probably abandoned and will not be saved by their project admins before shutdown.)
- Code hosting using CVS, Subversion, and Arch
- All subversion repos available via anonymous rsync: rsync://svn.gna.org/svn/ (ref: bottom of every project's svn page e.g. ). (In FSFS format, which is supposed to be portable.)
- Ditto CVS, it looks like: rsync://svn.gna.org/cvs/
- Arch/tla : rsync://download.gna.org/arch/
- There's also a ViewVC web front-end to browse code.
- Ticket tracking
- Up to 4 trackers per project: 'bugs', 'patch', 'task', 'support'
- Project admins (only) can set up XML export of their own ticket text/metadata ("Export" item on tracker admin menu).
- Only option for third parties looks like web scraping.
- There's no supported interface for grabbing issue attachments (such as patches) even for project admins though.
- Attached files are allocated global increasing integer IDs, e.g. file #29845. It's probably possible to scrape all public files by varying 'bugs' and the ID.
- Individual tickets can be private. (Maybe files too?)
- File hosting at http://download.gna.org/
- Anonymous rsync available at rsync://download.gna.org/download/
- Project websites on home.gna.org
- Mailing lists using Mailman
- Which means public archives are available in mbox format (albeit with email addresses mangled). e.g. 
- Some mailing lists are private.
- Project metadata: groups, users, news, help topics etc. In a database and probably only available via web scraping.
- Usage stats at http://stats.gna.org/
- A notice of pending shutdown / request for takeover was first announced in Nov 2016 suggesting a time frame of six months
- A news item about shutdown was posted to the front page 2017-01-31 linking to the above.
- Exact shutdown timeline is currently (2017-02) unclear.
rsync grab sign-up
- All done!
This gets code and file hosting but not other stuff. <180Gibyte, all in.
Please choose --bwlimit wisely (5M?)
|rsync://svn.gna.org/svn/||~41 Gibyte||~1m|| PurpleSym 2017-02-25 (via svnrdump; 18G lzip'd)|
mkram 2017-02-26 (via rsync)
|rsync://svn.gna.org/cvs/||~7.5 Gibyte||~200k||mkram 2017-02-25|
|rsync://download.gna.org/arch/||~318 Mibyte||~71k||mkram 2017-02-25 (except admindir)|
|rsync://download.gna.org/download/||~116 Gibyte||~130k||mkram 2017-02-25|
|rsync://download.gna.org/www/||~6.4 Gibyte||~177k||mkram 2017-02-25 (except "some authentication folder and .bashhistory")|
For mkram's rsync grab, breakdown by project and upload schedule at Gna!/projects.