|Bungie.net Halo read-only data|
|Archiving status||Saved! and Upcoming...|
|IRC channel||(on hackint)|
halo.bungie.net hosts a plethora of stale Halo 2, 3 and Reach game statistics, user-generated content and blog posts by Bungie. Since 343 Industries/Microsoft took over stats and user-generated content hosting for Halo 3 and Reach in April 2012, this data has been sitting stale on Bungie's servers. The detailed statistics for a lot of the Halo 2 and 3 games have been purged periodically to presumably free up Bungie's resources. In 2018, the forums were shut down, and the remaining detailed game statistics were purged. The site will finally shut down on 2021-02-09.
Between November 2014 and June 2015, ArchiveTeam downloaded more than 37 terabytes of Halo 2 stuff[unclear] and Halo 3 files. Bulk archives are available from archiveteam_halo, and the content should also be reachable through the Wayback Machine.
As of 2021-01-15, parts of the• • • (oldest 10 million and newest ~4 million) and all ~27.5 million • • • remain unarchived.
The forums were archived in full shortly before the shutdown at the end of June 2018. The archives can be found under halo.bungie.net_forums_201806 and halo.bungie.net_profiles_posters_201806 and are available in the Wayback Machine.
Detailed game stats were continuously purged by Bungie.
Before the final purge in June 2018, some samples were archived:
- First and last million Halo 2 games: halo.bungie.net_halo2_games_first_last_201806
- 2 million random Halo 2 games: halo.bungie.net_halo2_games_random_201806
- First, random, and last 500k Halo 3 games: halo.bungie.net_halo3_games_201806
- First, random, and last 500k Halo 3 ODST games: halo.bungie.net_halo3odst_games_201806
- First, random, and last 500k Halo Reach games: halo.bungie.net_haloreach_games_201806
The website was archived recursively with ArchiveBot in 2014, 2018, and 2021.
- • • •
- • • •
- • • •