|Project status||Offline, March 31st, 2013|
Pinterest acquired Punchfork and was very excited to share the news that the site was to close on March 31, 2013. Archive Team rescued it.
- January 3rd, 2013
- Dear Punchfork Community,
- Today we are excited to share the news that Pinterest has acquired Punchfork!
- Since launching in January 2011, our mission at Punchfork has been to help home cooks discover new, high quality recipes and share them with family and friends. It is a mission driven by a belief in the ability of web and mobile platforms to inspire our lives offline--at home, in our communities, and for Punchfork, wherever meals are shared.
- To cooking aficionados, Pinterest needs no introduction. It stands as one of the fastest growing online services in history, and millions of people use it to find recipes every day. Pinterest is often described as a platform for inspiration, and we feel this aligns perfectly with the goals of Punchfork. We couldn't be more thrilled to join forces with the Pinterest team in San Francisco.
- Initially, support for Punchfork will continue, but we will soon be retiring the Punchfork site, API and mobile apps. We believe that a unified destination benefits our users in the long run, and the Punchfork team will focus on contributing to Pinterest as the premier platform for discovering and sharing new recipes and other interests on the web.
- Our sincerest thanks to our community members, friends, and everyone involved with Punchfork since its launch.
- See you on Pinterest!
- Jeff Miller
- My Little Punchfork on archive.org (full archives)
- Search for your username to download your files in ZIP format