Archive Team recruiting
Warrior based projects
- Tindeck: Creative Commons audio hosting site going silent on 2018-08-01. IRC Channel #findeck (on EFnet).
- Zetaboards: Migrating all forums to Tapatalk "in the coming weeks" as of early May. Content will get lost in the migration, and some forums are moving elsewhere, i.e. disappearing from Zetaboards entirely. IRC Channel #zetatheplank (on EFnet).
- Google News Archive: Let's store all newspapers at Google, WCGW? IRC Channel #papersplease (on EFnet).
- NewsGrabber: Saving all news articles. Help with server power or by finding more newssites. IRC Channel #newsgrabber (on EFnet).
- URLTeam: URL shorteners were a fucking awful idea. IRC Channel #urlteam (on EFnet).
- WikiTeam: Saving wikis dumps (XML). And their external links for the Wayback Machine (WARC). IRC Channel #wikiteam (on EFnet).
- FTP: Download all the FTP sites! IRC Channel #effteepee (on EFnet).
- Imgur: Image hoster decided that using it for hosting images is not permitted. IRC Channel #imgone (on EFnet).
- GitHub: Reportedly embraced-uh, I mean, bought by Microsoft. IRC Channel #getgit (on EFnet).
- The Escapist: Staff activity dwindling due to layoffs, remaining supporters are doing it for free. IRC Channel TBD.
- LiveJournal: Very old, widely regarded as in decline, and has a lot of important stuff buried in it. IRC Channel #recordedjournal (on EFnet).
- DevPort: This portfolio SaaS provider has reportedly been having infrastructure issues, and removed their social media accounts. Possible impending shutdown.
- Tumblr: Yahoo! considered killing it, now Yahoo has been acquired. IRC Channel #stumblr (on EFnet).
- Ownlog: Ownlog is losing popularity and support from its owners. IRC Channel #pwnlog (on EFnet).
- Google Groups: "Gone within a year" (SketchCow, 2016-06-07).
- The Pirate Bay: Recently came back up, grabbing an archive for sanity's sake. IRC Channel #yarharfiddlededee (on EFnet).
- YTMND: Supposed to be "shutting down soon" in 2016, but still up 2 years later. IRC Channel TBD.
Hiatus / Missed the Mark
- yuku: Lately yuku is very unstable and hosting thousands of forums. Project currently paused. IRC Channel #archiveteam (on EFnet).
- Flickr: Yahoo! decided to kill it, now Yahoo has been acquired and then Verizon flicked it to SmugMug. IRC Channel #flickrfckr (on EFnet).
- PureVolume: PureVolume's going deaf on/around
June 30th July 31st. IRC Channel #puresilence (on EFnet).
ArchiveTeam uses the EFnet IRC network – irc://irc.efnet.org – webchat: http://chat.efnet.org:9090 – More info