Archive Team recruiting
Warrior based projects
- NewsGrabber: Saving all news articles. Help with server power or by finding more newssites. IRC Channel #newsgrabber (on EFnet).
- URLTeam: URL shorteners were a fucking awful idea. IRC Channel #urlteam (on EFnet).
- WikiTeam: Saving wikis dumps (XML). And their external links for the Wayback Machine (WARC) as well as xporting Mediawiki databases. Permanent effort, everyone can help (you choose the size of your downloads). IRC Channel #wikiteam (on EFnet).
- FTP: Download all the FTP sites! IRC Channel #effteepee (on EFnet).
Active Projects Not Yet Ingesting
Yahoo! SmugMug decided to kill it after finding Yahoo!'s plans to do so before they were bought by Verizon. IRC Channel #flickrfckr (on EFnet).
- AccuWeather Forums: discussion forum for meteorologists is going down the drain sometime in 2018. IRC Channel #accio-weather (on EFnet).
- Google+: Google finally realised they failed. Shutting down by August 2019. IRC Channel #googleminus (on EFnet).
- Imgur: Image hoster decided that using it for hosting images is not permitted. IRC Channel #imgone (on EFnet).
- JamiiForums: the Tanzanian government would like this gone. IRC Channel #jammedforums (on EFnet).
- ZAM Network: Setting several sites on fire in autumn 2018.
- GitHub: Reportedly embraced-uh, I mean, bought by Microsoft. IRC Channel #getgit (on EFnet).
- LiveJournal: Very old, widely regarded as in decline, and has a lot of important stuff buried in it. IRC Channel #recordedjournal (on EFnet).
- Tumblr: Yahoo! considered killing it, now Yahoo has been acquired. IRC Channel #stumblr (on EFnet).
- Ownlog: Ownlog is losing popularity and support from its owners. IRC Channel #pwnlog (on EFnet).
- The Pirate Bay: Recently came back up, grabbing an archive for sanity's sake. IRC Channel #yarharfiddlededee (on EFnet).
- Angelfire: Angelfire is a web hosting service that contains big chunks of early WWW history and has no proper backup. IRC Channel #angelonfire (on EFnet).
- TF2 Outpost: Setting itself and TF2 trades on fire after September in brazen act of insurance fraud due to costs. IRC Channel TBD.
- Tindeck: Creative Commons audio hosting site going silent on 2018-08-01. IRC Channel #findeck (on EFnet).
Hiatus / Missed the Mark
- Bazaar.tf: TF2 item trading site
is calling it quits and closing its shop for good in December changed its mind on quitting after TF2 Outpost's closure. IRC Channel TBD.
- Google News Archive: Let's store all newspapers at Google, WCGW? IRC Channel #papersplease (on EFnet).
- Quizlet: Flashcards and other learning tools IRC Channel #quizletusin (on EFnet).
- yuku: Lately yuku is very unstable and hosting thousands of forums. Project currently paused. IRC Channel #archiveteam (on EFnet).
- Audit 2014: It's time to verify our shit. IRC Channel #auditteam (on EFnet). THIS PROJECT IS ON HIATUS AND WILL BE RETURNED TO AS A AUDIT2018.
- Froogle: Let's do a census of all of Google's products. IRC Channel #froogle (on EFnet). CURRENTLY UNMOVING, MAY NEED REVISITING SOON.
- Woohoo: Yahoo is untrustworthy, let's do a census of all their products. IRC Channel #woohoo (on EFnet). WELL YAHOO IS SORTA DEADISH.
- Google Groups: "Gone within a year" (SketchCow, 2016-06-07).
- The Escapist: Staff activity dwindling due to layoffs, remaining supporters are doing it for free. IRC Channel TBD.
- YTMND: Supposed to be "shutting down soon" in 2016, but still up 2 years later. IRC Channel TBD.
- DevPort: This portfolio SaaS provider has reportedly been having infrastructure issues, and removed their social media accounts. Possible impending shutdown.
ArchiveTeam uses the EFnet IRC network – irc://irc.efnet.org – webchat: http://chat.efnet.org:9090 – More info