Delicious is a social bookmarks site where you can post and tag sites using Yahoo's servers.
- General Overview of backing up Delicious using the XML API. Up to date as of Sept 2008.
- When logged in: Settings -> Export - "creates a list of all your bookmarks in a format understandable by most browsers".
- XML Dump (requires username and password). Delicious doesn't like it if you try to call this more than once an hour or so. API details.
- Mirror your Delicious bookmarks into a MySQL database and Backup Del.icio.us with Excel, both using the Delicious API.
- "How to easily back up your delicious bookmarks" at Ratafia Current - using the Delicious API, cURL, Ruby, cron, etc.
Most of the engineers are gone from delicious; one ex-engineer describes that it's on "life support". And it's run by Yahoo, which is pruning unprofitable services aggressively.