Here's where Archive Teamsters can list the projects they are currently working on and organize new projects.
- Jason Scott is running Textfiles.com and archiving a ton of things.
- seanp2k is running somaseek.com and tracking all the song history for all of the internet radio stations on somafm.com since March 2010.
- Ross is interviewing the sites of 2008.
- l.m.orchard is starting work on some self-hosted web apps that will migrate and archive from other sites. (ie. FriendFeed, Delicious)
- starwars.yahoo.com taken down in Dec, 2009
- sungo is archiving etherpad.
- Scott has archived the Infoanarchy wiki site. -- The archive is complete and is at: Infoanarchy wiki archive. A few pages are occasionally updated on the Infoanarchy wiki, so they will be updated on the archive every couple of months.
- Tsp is attempting to archive the stories from fanfiction.net and fictionpress.
- EmuWikiAdmin is creating a collection of all emulators, emulator documents, and hardware information that exists, regrouped in a referenced database. EmuWiki.com - The Encyclopedia of Emulation.
- emijrp is attempting to archive dumps and related info about wikis: Wikipedia, Wikia, Citizendium, some minor encyclopedias like Enciclopedia Libre or Wikanda, etc. Also, downloading albums from Jamendo. You can know more about his projects in his userpage.
Ideas for Projects
- Suggestion: An archive of .gif and .swf preloaders? Kuro 19:49, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
- We can extract all the .gif files from the GeoCities archive and compare them using md5sum to discard dupes. Emijrp 19:58, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
- Set up an FTP hub which AT members can access and up/down finished projects.
- Track the 100+ top twitter feeds, as designated by one of these idiot Twitter grading sites, and back up on a regular basis the top twitter people, for posterity.
- Groklaw has a project proposal that we could help with. - Jason
- Archive the shutdown announcement pages on dead sites.
- RSS Feed with death notices. - Jason
- Twitter profile might be a good way to broadcast new site obituaries. - psicom
- TinyURL and similar services, scraping/backup - Steve
- Symphony could potentially be used for archiving structured XML/RSS feeds to a relational database - Nick
- A Firefox plugin for redirecting users to our archive when they request a site that's been rescued. - ???
- As reported on boingboing by Cory Doctorow, all of Gopherspace - scraped in 2007 - needs an archive home. Anybody have 15GB of spare hosted-server space for this project?
- I do, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell me what to do. EmuWikiAdmin 15:17, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- They are added to iBiblio http://torrent.ibiblio.org/search.php?query=gopher&submit=search Emijrp 11:34, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
- Jason founded the Archive Team.
- bbot made an archiveteam TPB user. Get the password from him or Jason. (Not really a project, per se.)