|URL||• • •|
|Archiving status||In progress...|
|IRC channel||(on EFnet)|
Indafotó is a large Hungarian image hosting service, started in 2007, and operated by Inda-Labs, that runs quite popular services in Hungary such as Blog.hu, Indavideó, Index fórum, and is also related to the #1 Hungarian website index.hu.
As of August 2020, according to the search page, it is hosting nearly 8,700,000 photos, but according to the image ids, it is, or has hosted more than 23 million images.
Most of the images seem to be photos of good quality, with no sexually explicit content.
Through the search function, even the oldest pictures are available, dating back to 2007.
With a strong business and technological background, one would think the website is not in danger. However, user:bzc6p considers the time has arrived for archiving the content, for the following reasons:
- Technical issues (broken search not showing images since April 2019, no https on the main page etc.)
- Seems to be abandoned by staff
- The world has changed a lot in 13 years, and while back then blog.hu and index.hu themselves seem to have used Indafotó to store images, they don't any more
- There is some turmoil around the flagship service index.hu, this might have further consequences
- Image hosting services are incremental. That is, already uploaded images can be continuously saved – one day they will have to be, anyway.
Based on that, user:bzc6p has started the archiving process in August 2020, first with discovering the available images and user profiles. Actual downloading of the content comes later.
|Upload date||Status||Archives||Ιmages saved|
|2007-01-08 – 2019-04-16||discovery in progress|
|2019-04-16 –||not saved yet
- Source of the data is the index made before downloading. Actual number of saved images may be a bit less.